The more amigurumi dolls I do the more I think that the eyes are one of the most crucial elements. Safety eyes are perfect for your first amigurumis as they give some live to your dolls instantly. But as you advance your crochet techniques you might feel that you would like to give your amigurumi dolls a bit more of an own character. This is the point at which you will not come around embroidering your own eyes to your doll’s face. Today I want to show you a photo-tutorial on how you can do big comic-like eyes for masculin dolls (like Santa Claus here) in a quick and easy way.
- Do a circle with your black yarn to mark were the pupil should be.
- Fill up the pupil by doing simple stitches from the middle to the circle-line. With each stitch move a bit further on the circle line so your circle ends up perfectly round.
- Take your eye-coloured yarn and put it on top of the pupil. Fasten it with a tiny stitch at the highest point of the pupil. Repeat another 1-3 times depending on how big you want the iris to be.
- Do the same thing under the pupil.
- Do the eye-line with black yarn from a point closely next to the nose to a point closely next to the iris. Keep one level. Do a tiny stitch at the topmost point to fasten the eye-line as you did when doing the iris.
- Do 2-3 very small stitches with white yarn to give the eye a highlight. I like to do this, where the pupil meets the iris, but it is up to you, where you prefer it to be.
- Fasten and sew up all yarn ends
- Repeat everything for the 2nd eye.
Have fun embroidering!
You may sell any product made with the help of this pattern, but please don’t copy and share it. You may of course link it to your blog or social media. When selling products you made from it or linking it, please name this blog as source. Apart from that, I will be more than happy to see your results on my facebook-page,or if you tag me (@Flausch_Einhorn) on Twitter or Instagram.